I grew up with parents who encouraged me to follow my passions, so I did. In college I majored in Anthropology and Sociology because I love people and cultures. After graduating, I had no idea what to do next, so I decided to visit my college career center to explore my options. While I knew I wouldn’t be the next Indiana Jones, I was shocked and disappointed to be told my degrees pointed to one very specific career path. I didn’t like this narrow view and decided to become a career counselor to help others find their calling and pursue their passion. (You can check out my qualifications below for more information). I live in Lewisburg, PA with my husband Paul, daughters Deborah and Megan, a dog and two cats. I have had the good fortune to work with many wonderful people with various backgrounds, situations and needs and look forward to working with you!
- MS degree in Counseling with over 14 years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of career counseling, job search skills, training, program design, delivery, evaluation, career assessment tool interpretation and group presentations.
- National Certified Career Counselor (one of 170 in the US and 7 in PA)
- Master Career Counselor (one of 134 in the US and one of 2 in PA)
- Qualified administrator of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®)
- Strong Interest Inventory® Certification
- Expertise in establishing and maintaining relationships with diverse populations including; dislocated workers, nontraditional and traditional college students, individuals with disabilities, welfare recipients, refugees and immigrants, corporate managers and ex-offenders.
- Passion, energy and commitment to providing quality career counseling.
Check out these career counseling resources:
Why Seek Career Counseling? From the National Association of Career Development
Career Providers Comparison Chart from the National Association of Career Development